Check back often to read about any new F3G developments or the distribution of fish.
- In July 2016 Robert Redford sent F3G a letter.
- In June 2016 F3G proudly welcomed “Kitchens for Good” as our newest partner. Kitchens for Good aims to break the cycles of food waste, poverty and hunger through innovative programs in workforce training, healthy food production, and social enterprise.rey Liuget caught the biggest fish of his life and the 2nd largest on the Pacific Queen during F3G’s annual 1.5 day Fishing for Charity event. Charger team mate Damik Scafe also participated and caught his share of 83 Yellowtail and 13 Yellowfin that were landed while Brook Roberts and James the cameraman recorded all the excitement for a Fox Sports special.
- I’m very excited to announce F3G has partnered with 5 Star Processing and they are now our exclusive processor. If you have fish you’d like processed for yourself or fish you’d like to donate to local charities please consider using Sarah’s skilled and friendly team at 5 Star Processing. They can be reached at (619) 299-9996.
- 2013 Fundraiser August 6-8 – SOLD OUT
30 fisherman participated in our annual fundraiser partnered exclusively this year with Meals-on-Wheels. We fished aboard the Shogun and had a wonderful day catching Bluefin, Yellowtail and Dorado. Please contact F3G if you’re interested in next years trip.
Check out the 2013 trip pictures
- June 23rd, 2013
Todd did another live Radio interview on “Rod and Reel Radio” with John Cassidy. If you would like to listen to the show click the link below, go to the June 23rd podcast. http://www.rodandreelradio.com/archives.html
- May 22nd, 2013
Todd did Television and Radio interviews on KPBS with the President of Meals-on-Wheels Debbie Case.
If you would like to watch the television interview or listen to the radio interview click the link below:
- May 18th, 2013
Todd visited the Time Warner studios to film his interview for a half hour documentary about F3G that is being produced by Pace-TV (the longest-running public access production company in the United States). The show will air first part of August 2013. I’m sorry but as of now I don’t know when the show will air. Please contact Pace-TV to learn more or if you’d like to buy the show’s DVD: (858) 538-6197
- May 5th
Todd did a live Radio interview on “Rod and Reel Radio” with John Cassidy. If you would like to listen to the show click the link below, go to the May 5th podcast.
- August 6-8, 2013
F3G is having a fantastic 1.5 day fishing fundraiser - To access information about the trip (CLICK HERE).
- 2011 and 2012 NOAA Donation
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) donated 800 pounds of Albacore in 2011 and again in 2012 to F3G because they only require the fish’s bones and guts to conduct their research. Meals-on-Wheels joyfully collected the fish fillets from this donation. NOAA is to be congratulated! This is the first time any government agency has ever done anything like this. F3G challenges other government agencies inspired by this story to contact F3G. Read the whole story in the San Diego Union Tribune: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/dec/04/federal-research-fish-turn-meals-sd/
- 2011 Fundraiser
August 8, 2011
F3G has a fantastic fundraiser planned. To download the packet of information, Click Here.
- F3G is now officially a 501C3
- Thank you to all those who offered F3G a warm reception at the 2011 Fred Hall fishing show and the SD Day at the Docks
- 2010 Season Summary
Monday, January 4, 2011
F3G had a spectacular first season! With such a successful first season under our belt we are now confident we can replicate the F3G model nationwide. One day Americans in all fishing ports will benefit from the generosity of sport fishermen.
- First Meals Served!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Yellowfin, Yellowtail and Albacore were filleted and cooked by Father Joe's culinary students. Father Joe's volunteers then served homeless San Diegans these nutritious fish for dinner. Smiles were worn by all!
- Program Kick-Off
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Fish. Food. Feel Good. is proud to announce our first scheduled pick-up and delivery will take place June 10th! Yellowtail, Albacore and Yellowfin Tuna will soon be feeding San Diegans.